- Features & Benefits
Ultralight™ is a specialized composite board designed for floor heating applications. Manufactured as flat, flexible, sheets they are water and mold resistant. The top surface incorporates a heat-spreading aluminum layer combined with non-woven fleece.
The core of PEF insulation provides thermal separation from the floor beneath, ensuring a rapid thermal response of a heated layer of tiles or leveling compound above.
The rapid thermal response promoted by the PEF insulation and diffusion layer allows the flooring to heat up faster, resulting in a more energy-efficient and comfortable heated floor.
The base layer of non-woven fleece functions as a high-performance anti-fracture membrane for tile and stone floor coverings. It also facilitates a high-strength mechanical bond.
69% Energy Savings during Heat Up + 12% Energy Savings during the Heat Cycle = Savings of $1/sqft per Year in Electrical Costs
3-in-1: Insulating, Heat Spreading, Decoupling
• The heat-spreading aluminum layer improves comfort and reduces running costs. This enabled the floor to achieve the same comfort temperature with 12% less energy
• PEF insulation layer reduces heat up times by 76 minutes on slabs and reduces energy used during heat up by 69%
• Decoupling fleece layer provides high performance protection against tiles cracking due to lateral subfloor movement in accordance with ANSI A118.12 standard
• Ultralight weighs just over 1lbs per board making it much lighter and easier to carry than standard cement-based tile insulation and backer boards and it is more durable due to the high strength composite design meaning it wont break if bent or dropped
• Ultralight achieved Heavy Commercial rating when used with large format tiles (600 mm x 600 mm) and Light Commercial rating when used with standard tiles (300 mm x 300 mm), in accordance with ASTM-C627 (Robinson Test)
• The lightweight composite design makes it easier to cut curves and complex shapes, compared with cement-based tile insulation and backer boards and will not dull knife blades
• Ultralight will not crumble, dent, or create dust when cutting or kneeling on the boards which means no dust to clean or breathe
in during installation
|Pack Size||1 board|
|Composition||Non-Woven Polypropylene Fleece Aluminium Extruded Polyethylene Foam Non-Woven Polypropylene Fleece|
|Thickness||1/4” / 6 mm|
|Dimensions||2’ x 4’ / 610 mm x 1219 mm|
|Area||8 sf / .75m2|
|Weight of Board||1.43 lbs / 0.86 kg|
|Thermal Resistance||0.630• F • ft2 •h/BTU / 0.111 m2 /W|
|Thermal Conductivity||0.031 BTU/• F •ft • h / 0.054 W/mK|
|Release of Dangerous Substances||SVHC < 0.1% w/w|
|Compressive Strength, 10% Compression||32 psi / 220 kPa|
|Point Loading, tiled||> 500 lb/ft-lb / > 2.2 kN|
|Robinson test, 100-199 mm tile||Domestic|
|Robinson test, 200-599 mm tile||Light Commercial|
|Robinson test, > 600 mm tile||Heavy Commercial|
|7-Day Shear Strength||113 psi (780 kPa)|
|Crack Resistance (Anti-Fracture/Decoupling)||> 1/8” => High Performance|
|Long Term Water Absorption||0.052% w/w|
|Water Vapor Permeability||9.12 mg/m2 h|
|Mold Growth||Does not support mold growth|
|Reaction to Fire||Euroclass E|
Experience the future of insulation with our Warmup Ultralight Insulation Board, made with Innovative Insulation Technology.
Its unique multi-layer construction, including a strategic aluminium core, promises efficient heat conductivity, ensuring that heat is evenly and effectively distributed across your spaces.
The top-notch non-woven polypropylene and extruded polyethylene foam materials aid in minimizing heat escape into the subfloor below, significantly enhancing the energy efficiency of your underfloor heating system.
LIGHTWEIGHT, FLEXIBLE AND DUST-FREE
Cover 28% more floor area in a single trip thanks to its larger and lightweight design.
Say goodbye to the hassle of multiple trips and heavy lifting – Ultralight is less than half the weight of standard insulation boards.
Enjoy the flexibility of easily cutting the board to your specific requirements without the worry of dust.