- How to Apply
CHEMREX® CX-948 is a one-component, high-strength, high-solids, low-VOC polyurethane-based adhesive that is 3 times stronger than conventional adhesives. Its patented technologically advanced formula produces a permanent overnight bond to almost any substrate. Use it in all climates.
Available in 858 ml cartridge
• Carpet tack strips
• Stair nosings
• High-solids subfloor adhesive
• Assembly of trucks, cabs and vans
• Interior and exterior
• Treated and untreated lumber
• Most rigid building materials
1. Surfaces must be structurally sound, dry, clean, and free of dirt, moisture, loose particles, oil, grease, asphalt, tar, paint, wax, rust, waterproofing or curing and parting compounds, membrane materials or other substances that may affect adhesion.
2. On metal surfaces, remove scale, rust or other coatings to expose a bright white surface. Aluminum window frames are frequently coated with a clear lacquer that must be removed before the application of CHEMREX® CX-948.
3. On concrete or stone, or other masonry surfaces, clean by grinding, sandblasting or wirebrushing to expose a sound surface free of contamination and laitance.
4. On wood surfaces, the surface must be clean and sound. Scrape away paint to bare wood.
CHEMREX® CX-948 bonds well to most substrates; however, it is the user’s responsibility to check the adhesion of the cured adhesive on specific substrates.
1. Apply by caulking gun or trowel.
2. Wearing gloves during application is highly recommended. Once material has cured it cannot be removed.
3. Because of the high strength of CHEMREX® CX-948, do not apply it as heavily as you would a conventional adhesive. Cut the smallest possible opening in the spout to render the appropriate-sized bead. Be certain to fill all gaps between materials.
4. Use mechanical fasteners to hold materials in place until adhesive has fully cured.
CHEMREX® CX-948 forms a tenacious bond overnight.
Firm set: 1 – 2 hours
Handleable: 16 hours
Full cure: 7 days
Above times are based on 75° F (24° C) and 50% relative humidity. Cure time varies with temperature, humidity, and the porosity of the materials joined.
|Bead Size in (MM)||Lineal Ft Per 858 ml|