Junior Accountant APPLY NOW
OutPeak Services Inc is hiring a Junior Accountant to provide support for a growing organization and help it scale efficiently.
We’re looking for a details oriented Junior Accountant who can effectively communicate with various organizational departments and help grow the company globally by efficiently maintaining clean records as well as help with international transactions (purchasing).
Who is OutPeak Services?
We are an established and rapidly growing e-commerce and distribution company that specializes in sourcing, customizing and retailing high quality products to several distinctive markets throughout North America.
The Company has 2 main divisions. Posh Baby & Kids is a distributor of high end kids products and manages brands such as the Bentley Trike, McLaren Kids, and Dwinguler. The second division contains our line of brands that deal with commercial and residential matting product, and manages brands such as Canada Mats, Coco Mats N More, Mat Supplier Group.
We work with some of the biggest retailers in North America including Bed Bath & Beyond, Canadian Tire, Hudson’s Bay, Nordstrom, and many others.
Our company culture embraces an ideas-oriented environment where everyone’s input is valued. We strive to make work fun and healthy by creating a team environment whose players are driven by trust, innovation and a commitment to winning.
What you will do:
- Work closely with the Controller to maintain clean records with journal entries.
- Work within an International Group structure where there will be regular interaction with counterparts in China, India, US and Europe.
- Process Accounts Payable / Receivable
- Maintain and balance bank and general ledger accounts.
- Assist in the preparation of Monthly Financial Statements.
- Track purchase orders and ensure timely delivery.
- Provide clerical and administrative support as requested.
Successful candidates should be:
- Exceptionally organized: We are looking for people with a proven and meticulous attention to detail.
- Creative: We are looking for an entrepreneurial spirit that can think outside the box and work with little supervision. We want to hear your ideas and question our methods, not just follow and assume.
- A strong communicator: We are looking for people that can convey their ideas and identify problems effectively.
- Knowledgeable: We are looking for candidates that have a deep understanding of accounting principles with the proven ability to apply them to solve problems.
- Passionate: We are looking for candidates that are numbers oriented with a passion to help grow businesses.
- Team and growth oriented: The ability to accept feedback and critiques will help you tailor your work to reach its best potential—and to grow! Teamwork and a willingness to work, learn, and grow together is critical to our success.
Ideally, you also will have…
- Completed or be enrolled in a degree/certification program with a heavy accounting concentration.
- Fantastic writing/communication skills.
- Proficiency with numbers.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel & Word.
- Excellent strategic and creative thinking skills.
- The ability to communicate effectively and to build successful interpersonal relationships with discipline partners across the organization.
- A proactive, self-starter spirit and ability to work both independently and on a team without micromanagement.
What you will get:
- Practical experience in reconciliation processes for company revenue and expenses.
- Practical experience in analyzing accounting and financial data to deliver insights on our spending, growth, and operations.
- Full time employment opportunities upon completion of your co-op program
- Work with a fun Team!
- Competitive compensation plan
- Open book management
- Annual bonuses
- Alternative refreshment options that go beyond coffee
- Onsite kitchen
If you are interested, please send us your resume/portfolio by applying below.2021-06-01|||6943 Antrim Ave. Burnaby BC.|||Accounting||||||NNZsiKrMg63Y79t6|||FULL_TIME|||CAD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false