To prevent the spread of germs and bacteria we have our trusty entrance mats. They work hard every day to keep the dirt and debris out of your homes and businesses. Our shoes, especially high traction shoes such as your boots and sneakers drag around tons dust and debris. This dirt is the number one cause of damage to indoor floors.
Your doormats never taking breaks, as they diligently scrape and hold onto the dirt from your shoes, keeping it from getting in your homes. It is important to make sure we do our part to regularly clean our dedicated doormats, to ensure they are functioning at their most optimal performance.
Not only does stopping dirt at the door reduce cleaning labor costs and wear on floors, but it also reduces the need for cleaning chemicals that might be harmful to the building occupants and the environment.
- 85 percent of the dirt in your building entered on the soles of people’s shoes,
- One square yard of commercial carpet can accumulate up to one pound of dirt in a week - twice that in the winter months,
- It can take the foot traffic from just 1,500 people to remove 42 percent of the finish from your tile.
For Commercial Use
For ways to keep your business clean there are sanitizing disinfectant door mats. These mats are designed for effective containment and application of liquid disinfectants.
When visitors step on this mat, it has rubber fingertips that act as an effective scrapper to keep out any large piece of debris that a visitor can bring into the sanitized area. A thick rubber border helps keep the liquid and any captured dust/debris contained within the mat. The thick rubber construction also ensures the prevention of any leaks. (As seen in Figure 1)
Past scrapping off debris, as you can see in Figure 2 the mat applies a thin layer of liquid disinfectant to bottom layer of the visitor’s shoes, cleaning the shoes and preventing any forms of contamination.
These sanitizing doormats are perfect for doorways to starter rooms, laboratories, cooking kitchens, packaging areas, employee locker rooms, break rooms, refuse areas and receiving rooms… and anywhere else you want to limit the spread of contamination.
For Residential Use
Those front doormats and indoor entrance mats are a must in the prevention of bringing in all kinds of bacteria and dust into our homes. It becomes important to give them a regular cleaning now and then to make sure you’re not dragging in the same debris your mat was working so hard to keep out.
While there are many amazing doormats to see, it is important to take care of them to ensure they last as long as possible.
Here are 5 steps to Clean Your Entrance Mats:
- Dusting it off – Outdoor mats will hold and store a large amount of dust, leaves, dirt and debris on the surface. Simply picking up your mat and giving it a shake away from you can take off a large amount of dirt.
- Vacuuming it – After a good dusting, you can pull out your vacuum and slowly go over your mats Going slow gives the vacuum time to pull out the debris stuck within its fibers. This will remove those deep-set hairs, pebbles and other bits of trash from outside
- Scrubbing it with baking soda to disinfect it – With all the visible debris off your mats, we tackle the invisible enemy, odors and bacteria. The next step to do is sprinkle some baking soda on it to disinfect and kill off any bacteria and odors. If you had any pet related number 2 accident or you spill a drink into it, scrubbing the baking soda in with a brush will help dig deeper into the mat fibers
- Washing out the Mat afterwards – To rise out the baking soda you may simply leave your mat out in the rain or manually hose it down. To dry the mat, leave it propped against a wall or on a drying rack to prevent any additional bacteria growth.
- Sweep up in the area where the mat usually sits – Finally before placing the mat back where it belongs, it’s a good idea to give a quick sweep or vacuum to the area It was sitting in. This way your super clean mat isn’t going back in the same dust you just cleaned off of it!
If you have questions about our custom mats or would like to speak with our customer service reps, you can give us a call at 604-628-7791.